Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
The Consultant in Microsoft Consulting Services delivers technical solutions to customers allowing them to maximize their investment in Microsoft technology. Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, these consultants will work with Microsoft's partners to assist customers in the delivery of high-quality engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies, services, and products in diverse client environments.
The Consultant will also help assist customers in stabilizing developed solutions using Microsoft methodologies in complex customer environments, in the design and development of integrated solutions using the latest Microsoft products, services and technologies and understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the developed solution.Responsibilities
This position within the Azure Cloud and AI Domain sits in the Azure Cloud & AI technical domain. As a Microsoft Technical Consultant, you will deliver quality engagements on high profile projects leveraging your expertise as an advisor, reviewer and/or individual contributor to ensure customer value and meet project objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
Technology Strategy and Delivery Management – 50%
- Uses business, technology, and industry strategies to define customer/partner requirements and constraints.
- Drives and Supports innovation focusing on industry solutions and customer business outcomes on the Microsoft platform.
- Balances Configure-Before-Customize principles with the goals of maximum customer/partner value and with the use of Microsoft core/baseline assets, people, products, and tools.
- Develops project plans that use the full project life cycle accounting for current & future business value of each solution while defining all technical dependencies for project.
- Drives the delivery process, leveraging the appropriate methodology (Scrum/Kanban) and helps the client adopt best practices
- Demonstrates the ability to articulate value propositions for the most strategic Microsoft products and services, and to position them against competitors’
- Demonstrates expertise in relational database architecture and schema design, implementation of database objects, complex business logic using SQL language, building data warehouse and BI systems
- Expertise in advanced BI - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS development and maintenance, would be highly valued
- Knowledge Application development experience (programming languages c#, java), would be highly valued
- Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services
- Ensure solutions align with the intent of the architecture allowing for clear build test specifications and development of operations guides for the customer
- Identifies business and technical risks in programs, assesses their impact, and proposes mitigations and contingencies
- Provides stakeholder assistance throughout deployment to avoid/resolve technical issues
Execution - Deliver Results through Teamwork & Optimizing Business Results - 25%
- Seeks opportunities to drive Consulting business results by collaborating with multiple team members.
- Provides and drives actionable feedback across groups about the customer/partner experience and competitor threats.
- Modifies existing intellectual property (IP) or, where applicable, creates new content.
- Submits material for peer review
- Implement solutions tailored to the client’s needs, that support the customer and leverage Azure cloud technologies.
Change Leadership and Services Role Model - 25%
- Demonstrates an understanding of his or her role and contribution to customer/partner change management and adoption initiatives.
- Understands customer/partner requirements and can map the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions accordingly.
- May lead a work stream and collaborates with others (both client and partner resources) at the project level.
- Uses his or her independent judgment and discretion in applying appropriate methodologies.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how his or her role and group’s expertise directly affect customer, partner, and internal stakeholder businesses.
- Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise.
- Demonstrated self-learner
- Work with customer business team and/or IT Team to gather requirements/clarification on different support tickets/incidents. Work on critical application break-fix issues real-time. Manage Issue escalation within Microsoft and Customer IT (Partner). Adhere to SLA's (Response and Resolution) defined for each of the incident with defined severity.
- Issue triage and isolation for supported solution and other components primarily (but not limited to) built on MS Technologies
- Problem resolution and root-cause analysis and operational documentation; Escalate product bugs to CSS/Product Group and follow-up• Responsible for conducting technical and functional discussions with Customer IT and business team to design, finalize and develop minor enhancements
- Coordinate build deployment and release to Production
- Review feedback from customer staff and propose changes to improve the support process; Set up monitoring and capacity alerts (Build Early Warning system) and review results regularly to advise on issues related to the custom application
- Drive innovation and deliver proactive support to reduce incidents, increase application relevance, availability & performance and accelerate deployments through automation, thus playing a pivotal role in increasing cloud adoption and consumption. Be aware of latest advancements in technology and become trusted advisor for customer
Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to Deal with Ambiguity
• Analytical Problem Solving
• Building Customer/Partner Relationships - Highly proficient, customer-facing experience involving project envisioning, planning, design, development, and deployment of complex solutions
• Product & Technology Expertise
• Strong understanding of customer and partner business and IT environments, with proven record of delivering successful technical solutions
• Demonstrated skills designing and developing technology in area(s) of specialization to solve business problems and help customers in enhancing existing applications; core skills must include Microsoft technologies. Open-source experience is a plus
• Years’ Experience: A minimum of 1 – 3 years in IT consulting, development/deployment. The seniority level and entry point of the applicant will be evaluated based on several factors, including this one
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent - Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with work experience; higher relevant education preferred
• Strong communication, consulting, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Growth mindset
• Flexible work approaches with b proactivity and inclination to resolving customer situations
• Cloud Technologies Development Experience
• Strong Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and Design experience
• Design Patterns and UML
• SQL/Declarative programming knowledge
• .Net / .Net Core (WCF/WebApi/MVC)
• Version control methods and strategies
• DevOps practices (preferably using Azure DevOps)
• Deep technical and architectural knowledge of at least 3 of the following areas, as well as broad understanding across the Microsoft Development toolset:
○ Cloud Technologies
○ Skills on projects targeting a variety of form factors (e.g. Mobile, IoT)
○ Development Languages (e.g. C#)
○ REST/SOAP api development and design
○ SPA and web application development and design
○ Application Lifecycle Management (e.g. Agile, TFS etc.)
○ Solution Architecture (e.g. SOA, Enterprise Architecture)
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Cloud Technologies Architecture Experience
• Industry vertical knowledge – Retail, Banking and Finance, Telecom etc.
• BizTalk or other Middleware technologies used for integrations
• SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and BI
• BOT Development
• Power BI
• AI and ML (Machine Learning) Development experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.