Mid software developer (m/f)
- Full time
- Zagreb office
Do you think code reviews make better software, better developers, and better teams?
Are you tired of jumping from project to project?
Do you wish to make a long-term impact and focus on quality instead of quantity?
We are Lemax, a team of 80+ young professionals gathered around software for travel agencies and tour operators. Our team has already released some advanced functionalities our competitors’ are just planning to develop, and we have many ideas in store to take it to the next level.
Perhaps you’d be interested to hear that:
- We are increasing our R&D department from 25 to 30 IT professionals
- The majority of the team are mid and senior developers
- You’ll have realistic expectations since the management has a background in IT
About Lemax software
Lemax software is a SaaS product which successfully handles more than 5 million bookings per year. More than 120 mid-size to big-size clients have grown their travel businesses with our system.
We have a clear strategy on how to advance Lemax in order to become the number one travel software in the world:
- We’re rewriting a monolithic application developed in .NET and #C to make it more modular (microservices)
- By 2023, we will have rewritten most of the code using the latest standards and best practices (we’re migrating to .NET Core)
- We are also redesigning the UI using Angular 7
What are you going to do?
- Concentrate only on one product
- Design and develop solutions using .NET and .NET Core Framework and Angular 7
- Write unit tests
- Continuously improve the code base and remove technical debt
- Mentor and guide junior engineers to become better
- Pitch ideas for building a new software architecture
- Collaborate with the product team and create technical documentation from functional specifications
We are looking for a developer with the following skillset:
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development
- Ability to independently manage assigned tasks to achieve project objectives
- Willingness to proactively suggest code improvements and assist team members
- Big-picture thinking and problem-solving skills
And these technical qualifications:
Apart from writing clean and concise code in a team environment, we’ll give extra credit for Angular, React, Vue.js or similar JS framework.
What can you expect?
Mid-range developers can expect a monthly net compensation in the range of 11,000-14,000 HRK, or more, depending on the knowledge and experience level. It’s worthy of mention that you will be working with a friendly team in a newly-opened office on the top floor. Think rooftop summer evening BBQs…
Most importantly, you will know exactly what’s expected of you. We’re proud of our development process that includes writing technical and functional specifications, testing, and code reviewing before the release. We’re consistent in improving it further.
We are a team of 80+ enthusiastic and friendly people gathered around one product - Lemax, which is on the way to become the number one solution for tourist agencies and tour operators in the world.
Join our team and gain valuable experience in a multicultural work environment that encourages growth.