Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry.
We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
The Mechanical Engineer in the Battery Systems Engineering department has the exciting job of developing battery systems and subsystems for high-performance vehicles. The candidate for this role should have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. This role requires a good understanding of mechanical engineering. The Battery Systems Engineering team collaborates closely with other departments and works on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs today. As a fast-moving company, we adopt new techniques and technologies on a regular basis so the candidate must be ready for continual learning and embracing new technologies.
1. Key Responsibilities:
• CAD modelling of battery pack components
• Component validation plans and test methods
• Developing mechanical components for battery packs
• Technical drawings and production documentation
• Providing support to assembly and testing teams during product operation
• Providing support to ongoing product and process improvement
2. Day-to-Day Duties:
• Battery pack systems and subsystems research and development
• CAD modelling in collaboration with other members of the team
• Designing, developing, and releasing component and system specifications
• Supervising finished products and system testing
3. Key Requirements:
• Advanced knowledge of CAD software (preferably Catia or Solidworks)
• Experience in any one (or more) of the following production processes: injection molding (plastics), metal stamping, sheet metal forming, die casting, vacuum casting
• Very good understanding of mechanical structures
• Good understanding of thermal analysis
• Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
• Bachelor’s Degree (mechanical engineering background)
4. Considered as an advantage:
• At least 1 year of professional experience
• Extensive experience in development
• Good knowledge of production technology
• Experience in cooling system management and design
• Broad experience in engineering
• Understanding of electro-mechanical components
5. What we offer
- The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
- Family-like and open work environment
- Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
- Competitive compensation package
- Financial support for accommodation and transportation
- Dog-friendly office
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.