Embedded Hardware EMC Engineer (m/f)
Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry.
We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
As Embedded Hardware EMC Engineer you will work as cross team engineer within Electrical Engineering Department of Rimac Automobili. Your responsibility will be consulting and supervising of development form EMI/EMC perspective, assistance with debugging and EMC/EMI testing, research and consultancy for and during EMC/EMI homologation and certification activities and defining, organizing and conducting educations on topic of EMI/EMC.
As part of homologation/certification activities, you will cover legal requirements for other required tests for E-mark homologation and CE, FCC, IC, GITEKI and other certifications.
Your goal will be to establish knowledge base and know-how withing engineers and to help develop reliable devices that will have no issues with EMI/EMC compliance, immunity and radiation issues.
- Defining, maintaining and enforcing good engineering practices withing Embedded Hardware Development unit in field of EMI/EMC
- Creating guidelines and templates for engineers to use during development in order to develop high quality products ready for serial production
- Cross-team consultancy on topic of EMI/EMC from engineering and legal perspective
- Cross-team consultancy on topic of homologation/certification (E-mark, CE, FCC, IC, GITEKI, CCC/NAL…) from engineering and legal perspective
- Research of existing and new standards, regulations etc.
- Participating in requirement definition and feasibility studies for new devices
- Participating and assisting in system engineering on device level and beyond, including selection of specific components, mechanical and other considerations from EMI/EMC perspective
- On-sight testing and debugging support in related fields
- Schematic and layout review of PCBs for automotive grade devices with focus on EMI/EMC
- Predicting radiated and conducted emissions through analytical solutions
- Organizing and/or conducting EMI/EMC simulations
- System level reviews with focus on EMI/EMC (up to whole vehicle)
- defining, organizing and conducting educations on topic of EMI/EMC
- Support and cooperation with other teams and departments during their development phases related to EMI/EMC – Embedded Software, App/OS Software, Mechanical, Testing etc.
- Developing serial production device including optimization for manufacturability and cost, both on hardware and system level with focus on EMI/EMC
- Defining and conducting functional tests, assisting Test team during verification, validation and certification phases, in both in-house and external test facilities
- Performing field tests on vehicles and in external laboratories
- Debugging and fixing issues with devices in cooperation with other teams
- Specifying and ordering of required equipment for in-house testing
- Three or more years of post-faculty experience with electronic hardware design
- Five or more years of post-faculty experience with EMI/EMC (design for, measurements, debugging, certifications etc.)
- Master's degree in relevant field of study
- Experience with various digital and analog circuitry
- Experience with high-speed/high-frequency PCB design
- Deep knowledge and understanding of EMI/EMC standards
- Ability to understand and localize potential noises and interference sources in schematics and PCBs, and finding solutions to minimize them
- Advanced knowledge and experience with using various measuring equipment with focus on spectrum analyzers, VNA, near and far field probes, anechoic chambers, ESD guns etc.
- Basic understanding of the general automotive electrical architecture and the typical electrical devices inside of a car is desirable
- Experience with the mechanical integration of PCBs in the enclosures and the ability to understand mechanical and EMI/EMC requirements
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, young and energetic team with other Hardware, Software, Mechanical and System Engineers
- Proactive and result oriented attitude and will to help and teach others
- Ability to react fast and create solutions
3. What we offer
- The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
- Family-like and open work environment
- Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
- Competitive compensation package
- Financial support for accommodation and transportation
- Dog-friendly office