Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 90+ super-talented people, including ten PhDs and 45+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines.
We are searching for an experienced and self-driven Intellectual Property Manager who will be responsible for converting ideas into patent applications. This is a highly collaborative role in which you will be working both with outside counsel/patent attorneys as well as R&D engineers and the Company’s management, to develop and maintain our IP portfolio.
- Develop and oversee the Company’s intellectual property strategy.
- Actively assist in preparing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications.
- Arrange and perform market and competitive analyses from an IP point of view and monitor potential conflicts.
- Provide guidance on licensing and business transactions involving intellectual property.
- Provide guidance on any laws and regulations affecting the Company’s intellectual property.
- Closely work with R&D to assess the patentability of new inventions; assist in drafting and reviewing related invention disclosures.
- Collaborate with outside counsel/patent attorneys in relation to new product ideas and developments coming from the R&D group.
- Take responsibility for preventing and mitigating risks attached to Intellectual Property claims and reports.
- Design all types of patent-related documents and forms, as well as varied correspondence, memos, and presentations.
- Review, approve and budget IP expenditures. Manage expenses to budget.
- Experience in managing the preparation and prosecution of patent applications and intellectual property processes.
- Ability to develop strategic plans necessary to provide a b IP position for the Company’s products.
- Good understanding of patent laws and regulations.
- Strong advocacy skills in connection with patent prosecution.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and effectively manage priorities.
- Independent and self-motivated, with a b sense of urgency and the ability to drive a project to completion.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills. Must be able to communicate clearly both within the organization and externally to drive projects forward.
- Highly effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Internal talks - fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
Are you ready to join us? Drop us your CV and let's have a talk!