Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 90+ super-talented people, including ten PhDs and 55+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines.
We are looking for a Frontend Developer for our Zagreb or Osijek office.
Scope of work:
In this position, you will be responsible for building the robot user interface and planning the robot user interface of the future. The robot interface team at Gideon Brothers is a new team that is developing robot management web-based application. Robot map manipulation, robot missions management, robot platform system management/monitoring, both for single and for the fleet of robots, are just some of the features. This web application is something that our clients are looking at most of the time, so it's imperative to be implemented in a state-of-the-art manner and to be intuitive and easy to use.
If you're interested in making frontend-related decisions, creating a user-friendly robot environment by writing code, and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our robot products, ensuring a great user experience.
- Develop a high-quality, user-friendly, responsive, and dynamic web interface.
- Build reusable code and libraries.
- Integration with the backend system.
- Collaborate with backend developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for users and customers.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides, make project plans and give effort estimates.
- QA testing.
- Troubleshooting and debugging.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and best practices.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment).
- Proficient knowledge of Git code versioning tool.
- Excellent analytical, multitasking and communication skills; fluency in English.
- Comfortable with Linux.
- Working experience with web backend technologies.
- Knowledge of database systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with using Docker.
- Knowledge of cloud computing.
- Industry experience with robotics; knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS).
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Internal talks - fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.